The fourth annual Mock Superday, coordinated by the Finance Club through the Ciocca Center for Business, Ethics, and Society with the Center for Career Development, was held on Monday, April 29, 2019 on campus. This event helps students prepare for the intensive interview process for internships and full-time jobs at Wall Street firms. The evening started with dinner, followed by an alumni panel. From there the group moved into speed interviews simulating a Wall Street Superday.
“Myself, Andrew Smith ’19 and the rest of the Finance Club Executive Board are thrilled with the success of the Mock Superday event this year. This is the fourth year the event has taken place, and we achieved the highest alumni participation to date.” said Jay Mackie ’19, Co-Chair of the Finance Club. “With this new level of engagement, we were able to expand the event beyond just the student/alumni interviews to include an alumni panel open to the broader student body, and an intimate meeting with senior bankers to discuss initiatives the school is taking to increase placements in finance. We think this year was an important step forward in creating alumni awareness around the club’s efforts to prepare students for a career in financial services. ”
This was such a successful year for the Finance Club, in fact all members of the E-board, who were interns last summer, have now secured full time analyst positions at top firms on Wall Street for after graduation.
- Stephen D’Agostino ’19: Incoming Analyst, JP Morgan Investor Services
- Chip (George) Doherty ’19: Incoming Analyst, Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Hana Ferrari ’19: Incoming Analyst, BNP Paribas Global Markets
- Jack McCabe ’19:Incoming Analyst, Blackstone Valuations
- Jay Mackie ’19 : Incoming Analyst, Barclays Investment Banking
- Andrew Smith ’19: Incoming Analyst, Goldman Sachs Investment Management
- Brianna Spencer ’19: Incoming Analyst, Barclays Investment Banking