The Ciocca Center for Business, Ethics, and Society has been an important partner in helping students to stay ahead of the consequences caused by the pandemic. There have been many unexpected twists and turns leaving students unsure of Certificate Program progress, summer internship plans and what to expect this fall when classes resume. The Ciocca Center has partnered with various Holy Cross offices to try to mitigate some of these new realities with additional funding and new opportunities.
Read on to see what’s happening and get involved!
- Business Strategy & Innovation Workshop: June 23-25, 2020
Explore a practical approach to strategy and innovation! Through practical applications and case studies, you will develop your abilities in strategic thinking, entrepreneurship, and innovation in a global context. This session will be run the Holy Cross Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Ja-Naé Duane. Open to all class years and majors. Certificate Program registration not required.
- Excel Tutorial: July 1 – 31, 2020
Advanced Excel skills are essential in becoming a business analyst. Discover the power of pivot tables, explore Excel’s most useful functions and simplify data analysis with tools and charts.The online tutorials are offered for a month, all required videos and quizzes must be completed within this time frame to meet the certificate program requirement. Open to all class years and majors. Certificate Program registration not required.
- Fullbridge: August 24-27, 2020
Fullbridge has gone virtual! Working closely in teams to tackle real-world projects you will develop a strong core of work competencies as you explore business, finance, marketing, and innovation. Three coaches will mentor you throughout the four-day simulated workplace culminating in a final team project. Open to all class years and majors. Certificate Program registration not required.
- Remote Internship Funding: Summer 2020
The Ciocca Center has allocated funds to the Center for Career Development to support students who have secured an unpaid, remote internship for summer 2020. Funding amount depends on student’s financial need, need for relocation and hours/weeks of the internship. Please be sure to indicate that you are eligible for Ciocca Funding in the final question if you are currently registered for a Certificate Program.
The Ciocca Center is committed to offering all previously scheduled fall opportunities for you to participate, explore and connect. The Certificate Programs remain an important piece of connecting your liberal arts education to the job market and with the Holy Cross alumni network. Please browse the opportunities for updated workshop dates and details.
- Additional Resources:
- Use Lynda.com (for free!) to learn new skills.
- Register for Readership Access to the New York Times and Wall Street Journal
- Access Capital IQ for market intelligence information. Get started with these registration details.
- Watch this Holy Cross video on How to Conduct Informational Interviews
- Conducting a Job Search While the World Seems to be on Pause with Mary Donahue Quinlan ’76 & Jule Draczynski ’99
- COVID Conversation with an HC alumni panel about recruiting.
- Stay connected with the Ciocca Center at @holycrossbusiness on Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin.