The HC Student Investment Club (HCSIF), is set to begin it’s third year this fall through the Ciocca Center for Business, Ethics, and Society. The goal of HCSIF is for students of all majors and class years to gain experience in the fields of asset valuation, equity research and portfolio management with the Bloomberg Terminal on campus. And as of last week, the students also have access to Capital IQ, an investment analysis tool used to inform investment strategies.
Students are taking the initiative to immerse themselves to gain technical skills and access to the alumni network and all of the hard work seems to be paying off as students are landing internships and full-time jobs. Co-founders, Andrew Smith ’19 and Sean Manning ’19, have secured employment at Goldman Sachs and Raytheon respectively, and the three new student leaders are interning at the following firms this summer.
2019-2020 Holy Cross Student Investment Fund Leaders
- John McConville ’20: Equity Research Analyst, CTMA
- Margaret Burd ’20: Securities Division Summer Analyst, Goldman Sachs
- John Boyd ’21: Summer Analyst, inspire11
The students work closely with alumni throughout the year and had the opportunity to visit them on site during the 2019 spring semester.
BOSTON: On March 19, Dan Atchinson ’05, Tim Redmond ’08, and Kevin O’Connor ’12 of J.P. Morgan hosted HCSIF students at the Boston office. They each provided great insight to the industry and career advice over lunch.
NEW YORK CITY : On April 24, hosted by Emmett Daly ’82 at Sandler O’Neill, three groups of HCSIF students traveled to NYC. The students pitched stocks (including CVS, URI and Square) to an alumni panel followed by the opportunity to network. Thanks to the following alumni for participating in this annual event:
- Julianna Biolsi ’12: BAM Funds
- Emmet Daly ’82: Sandler O’Neill
- Taylor Esper ’14: Sandler O’Neill
- Sue Feitelberg ’84: Morgan Stanley
- John Mullman ’82 P07: Jennison
- Marshall McIntosh ’95: PIMCO
- Beau Lescott ’95: Inherent Group
- Arnold Principal ’91: SYP Capital
- Joe Stangl ’93: Sandler O’Neill
- Ivan Watanabe ’08: Opus
Thanks for reading! Cassie
Cassie Gevry, Associate Director of Student Engagement
Ciocca Center for Business, Ethics, and Society